Sunday, June 6, 2010

Burnt Images

Hearing things you would rather not can damage the spirit a lil bit

But the problem is when what you hear is doomed to stay on the brain

And all the pain is shown past the laughter 'cause once that's gone

You belong to the frown of the scenes that you wished you hadn't seen

I mean, true enough my words probably hurt

But I can only feel the pain pulsing thru my veins

It's a shame how we as humans practice hypocrisy

Then try and study the philosophy like we're Socrates

Only to be told that the hurt we're feeling isn't warranted

And in turn that only makes us feel as if it's poured on thick

Just to make it hurt a lil bit, more

And ain't no telling what's in store, Just know that I'm back for more

So curse these burnt images, for I fear that they will never end

And if that's my fate, I take solace in the fact that I made this plate

Or did I? 'Cause I'm a lil shook up about somethings I couldn't have cooked up

Well alas, those images are of the past, and I'm here to represent your present

And undoubtedly your future, So I'll suture up this hurt with my words

And smile past the pain, because although tears fall like rain

The sun will shine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment