Monday, June 7, 2010

...Is Hard To Find

I'm sure that if you studied the snapshot of your life you'd see
that the common link between you and happiness is me

Now, that may seem like the words of a man that walks that fine line between confidence and conceit
But you gotta admit, regardless of my demeanor, I'm the closest thing you've seen to complete

Not to say that I'm perfect, 'cause we both no that's not the truth
But I can give you the rundown if you really need some proof

When your luck had run out, and you were out and about
I set you up nice, and kept you on route

When you were searching for a place to let your head rest
I bent over backwards and got you the best (that I could afford that is)

And when that became too much to afford
I tightened my belt and left you assured

That no matter the circumstance I would have your back
And even with that much I still felt attacked

Did everything under the sun to make you feel secure
But no matter how much, you still needed more

Would take you on trips to settle your stress
But proved to add to your constant unrest

Just wish you could see the picture in whole
Then I wouldn't have to constantly console

I guess that's why some say "A Good Man's Hard To Find"
'Cause not matter much he does or how hard he grinds

You're always left with doubts in the back of your mind

No comments:

Post a Comment