Monday, October 4, 2010

Untitled

It seems that every since I began running I can't stop
I try and put the brakes on, but the loud squealing keeps my wheeling

And what's around the corner continues to chase
along with the stuff that crashes from my past

I tell my self to laugh
but the smile and teeth you see
Are merely a facade for what's beneath

Some say that they can see past it
And to just get past it
But the last hit was a classic

I thought I did a good job to mask it
But my attempts (I guess) are more unremarkable than fantastic
I believed that the change in me was evident
But apparently people want my past to be present

I'll just take it as a blessin' that the change isn't easy to see
But know (in the future) you may mistake me for someone who looks like me
I guess it's time for me to stop running and face the consequence of what I used to be
No underestimating the difficulty because this is all new to me

But I'm content with the path I'm on
And if you can't tread with me then I have to say so long

You can only infer who I am as a person
These poems are like a Maybach with the drawn open curtains
So you can see inside of my pain and my hurtin'
And you can guess who I am but make sure that you're certain

1 comment: