Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rewind

I"m tryin' not to let my mind rewind
Back to the past where I tried to pass

But alas, I'm in full reminisce
And these thoughts, though I regret to admit, bring me feelings of bliss
Thoughts of the corner of your mouth where I would kiss
And the random acts of kindness that I dearly miss
Instead of my pain it was you that I chose to dismiss
Which in some ways makes me feel like I have to slit my wrist (just kidding lol)

All I see is me and you taking trips to DQ
You telling me that this "oreo crack" was fitna make you fat
And the irony in that, was that you never gave up that chance to indulge in a Oreo Blast
This nostalgic glimpse into the past has rain in my forecast

And I'm aware that you may not care because the way I handled things was pure crass

So as sure as...I write these words, I do so knowing that they'll go unheard

And I know it's absurd, but I'll toss these words in the sky
Hoping that your soul will fly to them in your dreams at night
I know that you have every reason to hate me

So I say these...things with as much apprehension as I can bring
You asked me was this just a fling
I must admit that it that it hurt for you to demean
As if I only treated you like a thing

But I mean...what did I expect when it was you that I chose to reject?
Which makes me feel stupid because you were a wife prospect

I've chose to neglect these feelings for too long
And I know that's wrong
So I chose to write this poem/song

I know that we can never belong again
I just hope that you can rewind with me on the time that was spent

1 comment:

  1. FINALLY THE HOTNESS HAS BEEN POSTED!!! whoever this girl is find her and give her this poem and she'll be back in a heartbeat...lol. Good stuff once again my dear...really enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete