Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dear Summer Freestyle

I was born in the sun, on the doorsteps of winter
Leaves still falling, the day after November
My childhood, I'd rather not remember
Or better yet I'll call it a time to forget

My time to reflect hasn't come as of yet
The snakes still slither, a nigga still bitter
But I've become better and no matter the weather
My forecast is clear my mind's back in gear

The sounds you can hear of a child who's in fear
Who can't face the day, but can't run away
I came just to say that I'm must make a way
And my time is now, so here's 'Seven Pounds'

Not even 'Will Smith' could fix what I've dealt with
No scales, two court orders with no bail
I'm not frail, jah stocky nigga
Once humble, but now I'm a cocky nigga

I rhyme for serenity, the cleanse of my soul
You rhymin' for enemies and Benz's to hold
It's so old, and my temperature's grown cold
No lie, I'll 'Godfather' you 'wise guys'

I'm not from Bedstuy and that's no disrespect
The District's at bat, and I'm the next one on deck
And if not, this right here is for the streets
I've 'Exhaled', now you can 'Wait' on the beat

3 comments:

  1. I can dig it...nice! *shout out from Bed-Stuy ;)*

    ReplyDelete
  2. tight. (i see you coming for bedsty)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought you were special. Your inquisitive little boy smile and the questions you pose until you got the correct answer. I see alot of me in you and hope you press further than me and allow your soul to be free and speak from your deep place reserved only for those who will understand that you are not just another anybody, but you are just who you are...Me!

    ReplyDelete