Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Letter To My Unborn Daughter

Good morning baby girl. Daddy has been waiting on you awhile now.

I can imagine that in your descent to this planet, there are many things that will make you smile now.

But my grin from ear to ear is in anticipation of this very moment. And this moment is in great need of but one component.

The smile of a face that would send chills down my spine

One created from the face of your moms and mine

Though Mom hasn't been chosen, you're still on my mind

The thought of your presence is the reason I grind

I take heed of wisdom that father's suggest

So your life will mirror that of a princess

I'm all ready to shelter you from the chill of this cold world

No matter your age, you'll still be Daddy's baby girl

Though the discipline might make you dislike Dad for sometime

Just know it's with Love that I whoop your behind

And when you're all grown up it'll be hard to rest

Just knowing the values I've instilled will be put to the test

But I'm sure you would say don't worry 'cause you're not the others

And you'll pass those tests with flying colors

So I sit here with the impatient anticipation of a father

And since I don't know you're name yet

I'll address this To My Unborn Daughter

And when you finally arrive, you'll know when you see me

'Cause I'll probably be the first smiling face that you see

Past those outstretched legs will be the face of your father

And I end this Letter To My Unborn Daughter.

2 comments:

  1. That was extremely heart felt, sweet, and touching!!! I absolutely love this!!

    ReplyDelete